I Q A C
The establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is a major step in pushing long-term quality standards. IQAC in an institution is a significant administrative body that is responsible for all quality matters. It is the prime responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in an institution. he role of IQAC in maintaining quality standards in teaching, learning and evaluation becomes crucial, and the present research is therefore undertaken on a smaller scale to determine the exact status and functioning of IQAC and its outcome.
The ZIMCA is one of the emerging diversified educational hub for management studies. The IQAC helps to build, implement, and maintain quality and quality standards to deliver quality processes which helps learner to absorb required qualities to become a successful professional with a great transformations to cope with global competence.
ZIMCA management believes in standardized approach for sustainable development. Hence, the IQAC initiates the implementation of ISO 21001:2018 (EOMS) standard which takes the quality of various processes to higher level.
The IQAC also helps to create various processes based on needs and expectations of all the stakeholders and the use tools like SWOC, PESTEL analysis to understand the required changes and corrective measures.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching-learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad
Composition of IQAC Committee
|Sr. No.||Name of the Member||Committee Designation||Designation and Department|
|1.||Dr. Indu Sharma||Chairperson||Director, ZIMCA, Pune|
|2.||Mr. Vikrant Nangare||Member||Academic Coordinator Assistant Professor, ZIMCA|
|3.||Mr. Prashant Kumbhar||Member||Examinations and ISO Coordinator (EOMS Leader) Assistant Professor, ZIMCA|
|4.||Mr. Nilesh Limbore||Member||Coordinator RIC|
|5.||Mr. Sachin Hadole||Member||Administration Staff (Establishment section)|
|6.||Ms. Sampada Deshmukh||Member||Librarian|
|7.||Mr.||ISO/EOMS Consultant||President Student Council, ZIMCA|
|9.||Mrs. Rucha Deshpande||Member-Secretary||IQAC-Coordinator|
Assistant Professor, ZIMCA
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.