The RIC take initiatives to make aware the entire students about the research behind existence if RIC and their subsequent role in the conduct of RIC activities for betterments of educational approaches in an institute.
The roles and responsibilities of research students RIC Coordinator and RIC team are described as the following:
The research students have primary responsibility to get the direction and observe progress of their research along with study of an appropriate standard within the relevant minimum registration period.
The research student is expected to adopt a professional approach to their research, including:
- good timekeeping
- reading and responding to communications from the RIC team
- taking responsibility for their own skills and career development
- The responsibilities of the research student include:
- Register in RIC as per RIC Guidelines.
- Attain all the interactive sessions/meetings arranged and conducted by RIC.
- Develop and follow own research plan and get it checked by Research Guide/Mentor
- Managing and sustaining progress in accordance with the agreed research plan.
- Immediately Report issues, concerns, and problems to RIC/Research guide.
- Comply all required formalities with respect to intellectual property Acts.
- Timely submit Final Draft of assigned task/assignment /homework/research work to RIC about your research progress after the proper authentication and approval by respective Research Guide. The submission shall be in hard and soft format.
- Report periodically to respective research guide and maintain meeting documents
- Responsibilities of RIC:
The RIC is competent and well equipped with facilities and expertise to resolve all the issues and doubts of the student. The RIC assigns all the students to Internal Research Guide.
The responsibilities of the RIC include:
The RIC is a monitoring and resourcing cell to nurture and foster research and incubation environment in the institute. In this regards, RIC carries a pivotal role in the process.
- Design, Develop, and Deploy research related rules, policies and activities (Annexure-II: RIC: SOP-Research Facilities)
- Revisit and revise the RIC policy, process, procedure to make RIC more competent.
- Prepare yearly/semester-wise RIC calendar and publish the same on institute website.
- Prepare yearly RIC budget and submit the same to Director, and ensure that the budget is expended for the research and incubation activities only. Keep the track of the same.
- Mentor and Monitor internal research guide to update and upgrade time-to-time
- Mentor and monitor all faculty members to foster their research attainments.
- Organize and conduct the research related activates and events.
- Inform external conferences, research seminars and activities to the Internal Research Guides and faculties. Motivate them to participate in such events.
- Generate and build required help/assistance/resources as and when required to facilitate research activities in college campus
- The RIC organizes the ‘Student Research Seminar’ on the recommendation of the Internal Research Guide to assess the research work. The Student Research Seminar Report duly signed by all the members and handed over to the RIC Coordinator at the end of the seminar.
- In case a RIC committee member is not able to attend the Student Research Seminar, Internal Research Guide can separately interact with the student and give an independent report.
- Prepare annual report and get it approved from Director.
- Internal Research Guide
An Internal Research Guide plays a very important role in the entire process of RIC viz., identification of the research topic, formulation of the research problem, guidance about the nature of research and the standards expected, planning research so as to complete it in accordance of the time table specified by the Internal Research Guide, writing the research article/case-study and getting it examined. A student’s research work is expected to be a significant original and independent contribution to knowledge in a chosen field of study and be of such lasting value as to merit publication. It should demonstrate an ability to select an important problem and deal with it completely including an ability to effectively communicate what has been achieved through the research activity.
- Rules to be recognized as “Internal Research Guide”
- The Internal Research Guide shall be a regular faculty or University approved Ad-hoc faculty.
- Recognition as an Internal Research Guide, the RIC may decide to advise a faculty member to gain experience in guiding a student as a co-guide (along with a senior faculty as a guide) before permitting him to take up a student as an Internal Research guide
- Roles and Responsibilities of “Internal Research Guide”
Helping a Research Students to become an independent researcher is a significant achievement for their career growth. This achievement is so satisfying that many Research students and Internal Research Guides stay in contact for the rest of their academic career. Most of the faculty members need some guidance before taking a Research student for the first time. That is why RIC considers it desirable that a young faculty member first works as a co-guide alongside a senior faculty /Internal Research Guide.
- The Internal Research Guide helps to the student in writing a research article/case-study for their academic excellence.
- Internal Research Guide ensures that student’s research interest shall match with his/her area of interest. If necessary, Internal Research Guide may decide to take a co-guide.
- Internal Research Guide need to identify a topic that is within the mandate of the RIC, so that availability of research facilities and funding for their augmentation, if any, is taken care.
- Internal Research Guide and Student finalize the research methodology to conduct research and prepare research plan.
- The Internal Research Guide is expected to provide guidance by:
- Providing scholarly direction;
- Encouraging student in his/her academic work;
- Ensuring that appropriate time table for the completion of each phase of the work is established;
- Ensuring that student is given timely advice about style requirements and about the mechanics of presenting the research work.
- Ensuring compliance with any legal, professional, ethical or safety guidelines associated with the research work; and
- Identifying and helping Research student acquire any missing skills for his/her research.
- The Internal Research Guide is also expected to encourage the student into wider contacts as appropriate to the discipline by:
- Encouraging Research students for National/International seminar and conference presentations;
- Helping Research student make contact with other scholars in the field; and
- Helping Research student publish his/her work as appropriate.
- The Internal Research Guide as convener ensures that the RIC meets and send a Monthly/bimonthly Review Report as per approved format of RIC.
- In case a guide feels that a student can benefit by conducting research at any institute outside of ZIMCA (In addition to field work or short field visits) as a part of any ongoing collaboration, he / she may be encouraged to do so.
- When the student has completed his Research work, the Internal Research Guide arranges a seminar in front of RIC Committee meeting. The recommendation of the committee is duly signed by the RIC Committee members in the form of ‘Student Research Seminar Report’ as per approved format.
- In case a student successfully clears ‘Student Research Seminar,’ the Internal Research Guide need to communicate and ensure that the following documents to the RIC coordinator:
- Student Research Seminar Report;
- Name of examiners/invitees/committee members with signature ;
- Published paper/case (both hard and soft copies);
- The papers published along with manuscripts and letters of acceptance by journals; and Certificate from the Guide about the completion of the research work.